Friday, December 29, 2006

So, Bob pissed off a dog the size of a football and it tried to attack him! And we've only been awake for an hour.

Last night we were on a quest for some Texas BBQ - and after finding Leons 'World Finest' was closed, we ended up back down on Seawall at Saltgrass Steakhouse. Its a chain here in Tejas, but its good. We got some REALLY good food, and I got a glass of wine made here in Texas. A Riesling. It was so good I went and bought a bottle at the grocery store (more on that later). The odd thing at Saltgrass is that we had 5-6 servers! One girl seated us and explained the wine list and beef cut list. Then another girl came and took our drink order. Said drinks were then served by a guy. Then our food order was taken by yet another girl, and was served by another completely different girl! Then halfway through dinner some big dude asked us if we wanted more wine & beer. Whew! I think we were waited on by half the staff there! It made things interesting.



Bob was sufficiently fattened up and I convined him to go to Kroger Grocery with me to buy some Texas BBQ sauce to bring home. Well, behold! They sell wine in grocery stores here! Nice! So I found the wine I had at dinner and bought a bottle. I also picked up another Texas riesling for the fun of it. The labels say ONLY SOLD IN TEXAS, so I don't think even Marketview liquor will have it. Bummer. We did the self checkout at Kroger, and when I had to show the attendant my ID I got "y'all"ed for the first time this trip. Fun!

~Tia

1 comment:

Lin said...

Y'all hurry on back now
, y'hear.